Monday, January 12, 2009

24 and 24

So I turned the big 24 today. It was a great day. Back during the summer Bre and I got this way sweet deal at Red Robin ($20 Red Robin Gift Card, Free Appetizer, and 2 movie tickets for $30) so we decided that we would finally use our movie tickets. We went out and saw Bedtime Stories. It was a fun, entertaining movie, and Bre and I both recommend it. Check out the trailer.



We had not been to a real theater in ages so it was fun to go out to the movies again. Ya know, its hard to go very often when tickets are so expensive.

Bre also got me a fun little gift. She is so thoughtful in the gifts that she gets for people. I still have a lot to learn about gift giving, and I am glad that I can learn from her. So I think everyone knows that Bre use to work at Barnes & Noble. Sometimes we would just go up there and read books, sounds dorky I know, but its pretty fun. One day about 6 months ago at B&N we were talking about childhood books that we read, and this one book that had a blue cover and a weird-looking dog kept coming to mind. Well after some searching we found the book. Half a year later Bre got me The Phantom Tollbooth. To tell the truth, I don't really remember anything about this book, so I hope that it is as good as I once thought it was. Has anyone ever read it? I don't even remember what its about. Oh well. I am glad Bre got it for me though and I am excited to read it again.


So I guess I have bought into the whole 24 craze. A couple people at work today were talking about the new season so I thought that I would check it out. I have never seen an episode of 24 before, and I wanted to get a little background on what was going on, so I checked out Hulu. I love watching tv on the internet. I think that I am hooked. I spent two hours (which I should have been doing homwork or something) on Hulu today watching the season priemere from yesterday. I am excited to watch another episode again tomorrow.

Well, life is good. This whole blog thing is kinda fun, so maybe I will post again here in the near future. Until then, take care. Oh yeah, and here is a recent picture of us, just for the heck of it.


2 comments:

  1. I did the same thing!!... watched the first 2hours while recording the 2nd(cos I worked sunday night and forgot to record it on tIVO)....then watched the 2nd..however, before I could finish I got called in to work at 0030..darn, but I finished watching it as soon as i got home.. as tired as I was too!! I love the show.. it got better too...I'm a friend of the watts,Parsons etc.. all those folk I once lived amongst in Launceston,Tasmania)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great birthday! Steven and I haven't set foot in B&N since I quit...aha. And Steven just spent 4 hours today catching up with 24 on hulu...you guys should probably be friends!

    ReplyDelete