Sunday, February 8, 2009

Friday night hoops

The past couple of days have been great fun. On Friday evening Bre and I, along with a couple of friends, went up to watch our buddy Krispin's basketball game for Salt Lake Community College. SLCC was playing Northern Idaho College and both are ranked pretty high in the junior college basketball world. I'll be honest, the best part of being at the game was being able to trash talk the opposing team's players. I printed out the opponent's roster with some basic facts (number, name, year in school, hometown, ppg, ft%, etc) so we would have some ammunition for the game. Hawks, Kirt, and I had a great time trash talking during the game (Bre and Sarah might have been a little embarrassed). Just one trash talking highlight - so early in the game NIC's leading scorer, his name was Shawn, was out on the 3 point line. We yelled that he had "no J" and then he sunk a long range 3. After he hit the shot he looked in our direction and blew us a kiss. 

I love being able to trash talk at games when players can actually hear you. I guess that is one of the advantages of going to a jr college game - you get to sit on the front row and you can be heard. Needless to say, we will be taking another trip up to Salt Lake in the future and attending another game. boo yah. 


Just a side note - Duke/Carolina is this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment