Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Shopping Success

I just need to take a minute to brag on my wife. She is so good at shopping for bargains. A few weeks ago she went to an activity where the guest speaker spoke about her website called Super Savvy Shoppers. She works for a local newspaper company and what she does is she uses all of the manufacturer's coupons that are in the newspaper and goes through all the local stores and their ads to find the best deals. On her site she has a list of different stores and their best deals as well as what coupons to use. It makes it really easy to see where to shop and for what items.

So today Bre went to Walgreens and to RiteAid and got about $20 worth of stuff for $2. $2! I think my favorite item she got was some nice, brand-name shampoo. Guess how much that cost her. It ended up costing -$1. Yup, thats right. We actually got paid a buck to take their shampoo. Fabulous! 

The lady that owns the site has found some major steals. I think her greatest shopping trips were ones where she got $95 worth of stuff for a dime, and then $760 worth for $120. I know it sounds crazy, but she had the receipts to prove it. We aren't at that level yet, but we are working our way up! Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Holy Cow you guys have a blog!!! I never knew! Jimi let the secret spill when he said he was blogging on his status... But now I know! I looked at super savvy shopper and it's amazing! I really should start using it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do this too (we use thegrocerygame.com) and we have saved a TON of money on food, cleaning supplies, health and beauty products, etc. I go to the grocery store every two weeks and only spend between $125-$150 for a family of 7 (so we spend $300 or less every month on food, hygiene, diapers and cleaning supplies, etc.).It is awesome! Another great way to save, especially on food, is to make a menu plan (we do one every two weeks) and make your grocery list from the menu so that you are only buying the things that you need (and you know you are going to have all the ingredients so there is no running to the store to pick up forgotten items). Way to go Bre!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that website, good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey that is awesome. thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete